Whisky Mini-Kit - 12 Aromas from Scotch and Irish Whisky
Scotland and Ireland produce whisky that is a brilliant reflection of their land and culture. Our 12-aroma introductory home study course teaches you the basic aromas that differentiate Scotch and Irish from every other whiskey in the world.
- Familiarizes you with proper nosing technique designed to maximize the exposure of your sense of smell to aromatic molecules
- Introduces 12 aromas that define Scotch and Irish whisky
- Standardizes the terminology you're using to describe what you're smelling
- Helps you identify the qualities you love in a favorite whisky, so you can seek out other brands that also have those qualities
- Gives you a great excuse to get together with friends to "study"
The whisky nosing kit contains:
- 12 aromatic essences that cover the spectrum of aromas typically found in Bourbon Whiskies
- A training manual that walks you through the range of fine whiskies
- Aroma strips, which allow each aroma to evolve over time just as whisky evolves after time in the glass
- A scoresheet that reinforces what you've learned from session to session
Of course, you can't capture the range of whisky styles in 12 aromas.That's why we offer a master course with 24 different aromas. Pick your poison! Either way, there's no better way to connect with the history and quality of Scotch and Irish distilling.