Scotch and Irish Whisky - 24 Aromas that Prove There's More to Whisky than Smoke and Peat
Scotland and Ireland produce perhaps the finest whisky in the world, brilliant reflections of their land and culture. Our home study course walks you through the wide range of whisky styles, a version of our professional training you can open and enjoy in your own home, surrounded by your friends. When you're done, you'll be able to identify and articulate the subtle aromas you've heard people talk about for years.
- Familiarizes you with proper nosing technique designed to maximize the exposure of your sense of smell to aromatic molecules
- Introduces 24 aromas that span the full range of whisky styles
- Standardizes the terminology you're using to describe what you're smelling
- Helps you identify the qualities you love in a favorite whisky, so you can seek out other brands that also have those qualities
- Gives you a great excuse to get together with friends to "study"
The Bourbon Aroma Nosing Kit contains:
- 24 aromatic essences that cover the spectrum of aromas typically found in Bourbon Whiskies
- A 40 page training manual that walks you through the training, and includes a guide to recreating the aroma profiles of major Scotch and Irish brands
- Aroma strips, which allow each aroma to evolve over time just as a drink evolves in the glass
- A scoresheet that reinforces what you've learned from session to session
There is simply no better way to connect with the history and quality of Scotch and Irish distilling.